Olivenhain Municipal Water District (OMWD) includes portions of the cities of Encinitas, Carlsbad, San Diego, Solana Beach and San Marcos, as well as the communities of Olivenhain, Leucadia, Elfin Forest, Rancho Santa Fe, Fairbanks Ranch, Santa Fe Valley and 4S Ranch.
Click the map for an expanded view.
- Incorporated in 1959
- Residential, industrial, and commercial customers = 86%
- Covers 48 square miles of northern San Diego County
- OMWD is at 85% build-out
- Serves approximately 68,000 customers
- Employees - 85
- Agricultural water consumption comprises 10% of sales
- 413 miles of potable water distribution lines
- Sixteen water storage tanks and two hydroelectric plants
Last Updated on Friday, 06 April 2012 08:13